Your Blog Steward

My photo
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
I am more and more convinced that most congregations die from a staggering lack of imagination. Let's change that. Let's imagine a creative future with God and each other together. Drop me a line on email or leave a comment if you have thoughts on God, Jesus, congregations, the church or whatever.... I look forward to our conversations.

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Advent means walking with grace



I like this sermon for three reasons:

1) It takes seriously a world that is out there trying to kill us...
2) It takes seriously the reality that God blesses us in Jesus, and frees us to love our neighbors
3) It's got some jokes

What risks does your faith inspire you to take? How do you reach beyond your comforts to be a presence of peace in a world of violence and hatred? Whom would you walk with tomorrow who could use a friend?

Advent is the New Year of the Church year, and as we begin 2016, I wish you a Happy New Year (and the presence of peace.)

May your tables be full and your conversations be true.

No comments: